SOLID SOAP MAKING LESSONS
I'm so thankful for your interest in soap making! Here are your options (because you gotta have options):
Cold Process soap making - $200/person + tax -OR- $175/person for 2-3 participants (capped at 3 people)
This is the kind of soap making that was featured on FOX7 Good Day Austin with Tierra Neubaum (all segments are listed here).
I can host a cold process soap making class for 1-3 people, ages 13 and up (with parent/guardian present). The class will be about 1.5-2 hours of hands-on instruction, and all materials will be provided. You will leave with a soap recipe and handout, as well as a soap loaf mold with your custom soap (about 1.5 lbs) in it.
Please wear closed-toe shoes and long sleeves. I will provide goggles, gloves, and an apron to borrow. FYI, this does involve the handling of sodium hydroxide (aka lye), so safety is very important for this type of soap making.
Melt & Pour soap making - $40/person + tax (3 person minimum)
If you're looking for a team-building workshop for groups of 3 or more, then consider a melt and pour (M&P) workshop. This option is great for all ages, and I've taught children as young as 2 years old (with parent/guardian present). I can give some background and chemistry about soap making, do a demo of cold process soap making as well as M&P, I would supply all materials for M&P soap making, and each person would leave with two M&P soaps! This workshop is about 1-1.5 hours.
If you have questions about either option, please contact me. I'm happy to discuss. Thanks!
- All classes will be hosted at Beehive Craft Studio unless different arrangements have been made.
- Payment is necessary to reserve your date/time for a class.
- The melt & pour class has a 3 person minimum and may be cancelled if minimum is not met 48 hours prior to class.
- Solid Soaps reserves the right to cancel a class at any time, and you'll be issued a full refund.
- In inclement weather we reserve the right to cancel class if we deem that weather would make traveling to class dangerous. Every attempt will be made to schedule a makeup for the missed class. (Solid Soaps follows AISD inclement weather protocols.)
- Need to cancel or schedule? Please reach out ASAP! We will not give refunds for no-shows or cancellations within 48 hours of a class.